One of the most important activities that a researcher should take care of:
Her/ his career development
The situation of a young, super-talented, researcher graduating his/her advanced studies and not finding a job is much too common.
The purpose of career development is to support the continuous professional development of researchers in these ways:
- Skills Development- training targeted to the labor market: IPR, networking, etc.
- Connections and networking- activities for contact with relevant employers, such as "speed-dating" events.
- Information and consulting- databases of relevant information about employers, jobs and opportunities, and grants or fellowships.
Existing services in Israel
- Professional Career Unit & IAESTE, Technion
- Career Development Centre- Tel Aviv University (In English)
- Career Development Centre- Ben Gurion University (In Hebrew) with Lauder employment center (English)
- Career Development Centre- Bar Ilan University (In Hebrew) and Career Development Fellowships in Jewish Studies (In English)
- Gvahim Career Program for academic immigrants (In English)