Skip to main content
Working in EuropeUnemploymentIsrael




General Information:


  • Student visas are not work permits!
  • If you hold a student visa, you are allowed to receive a monthly stipend. However, you are not allowed to engage in any kind of employment or receive a salary.
  • Spousal employment: Spouses are usually not entitled to work, their chances of receiving a work permit are slight. This applies both to officially married spouses and common-law partners. There are currently attempts to legally change this situation.
  • S/he also should show Proof of sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses in the visa application process (as mentioned).
  • Every institution should be able to help with a researcher’s situation and assist him/her within its abilities.